ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Galaxy S3

DCi
Me old man has recently bought an S3 and when I was on his wifi I noticed my ping was averaging about 2000.

Started turning everything off 1 by 1 and discovered turning wifi on and off on his phone was making the ping jump up and down from 40 to 2000 and back.

Checked the task manager and no apps running, restarted the phone (So assume all apps were shut down) and it still makes the internet slow as feck if you leave the wifi on.

Is this a 'feature' or a fault and has anyone experienced similar/have any ideas?

2014 Focus Titanium
No this is not normal behavior! Never heard of this fault but try going into Location Settings and un-ticking "Use Wireless to help determine Location". See if that helps.

DCi
Yeah I'm away til Saturday but I was thinking about advanced task manager to see what's running. Proper weird I have an android phone too and never experienced any issues.

Fingers crossed its just pulling down updates without telling anyone because it's reasonably new :s

DCi
this was down to drop box auto picture upload option - turned it off problem solved

the only confusing part was no pictures had been taken so it shouldnt have been using any data