ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

G40 Vs 172 FF

I think i'd get killed be my mate in his Polo G40 :(

As he's lighter etc.

Would i be right ?

He has the following done.

Stage 4 charger, 65mm pulley and chip, Koni shocks and springs and a powerflow exhaust

and my 172 has.

Full stainless powerflow decatted exhaust
Uprated cold air feed from grill with to acoustic valve and a k &n panel filter in standard airbo (now with a samco bend)

Has anyone had any run ins with one ?

Ph1
My mate had a 200 bhp G40 and it was one of the quickest accelerating cars iv been in!!

Used to slaughter 280bhp Scoobys.

The only hope you have is to race on a damp day as he will have zero traction

182 ff silver
you would get killed my mates got same car same spec and it kills my other mates seat ibiza cupra r

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
its all about bhp\tonne , and ure 172 will be about 160 bhp\tonne. the modified GT40 culd have 200 bhp.... and have 250+ bhp\tonne easy depends on how light it is.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
G40 840kg, simple to get 150 bhp @ wheels = rocket.

Had several tuned by Mike@Jabba back in there day 1991/4.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
My m8 had a run in with a pretty standard G40 in his pulsar quite a while back. He beat it by a matter of inches:eek: ( although in chav land that means he thrashed it :rolleyes: lol)
Pulsar got better traction off the line and thats it.
Would be interesting to see how G40 & 172's compare on a track.

178hp 172 Cup
a friend of mine had one for a while and used to track the G40 on a regular basis!! aparantly he was very very fast round track!! but he has done a lot of track sessions over the years and he can definatly drive!!

Cheers guys i thought i'd get slaughtered by him :(

Shame it wasn't a cup i had, but i like my leather, a/c etc too much ;)

Unless i can loose weight from my 172 FF without going to the extremes of loosing rear seats etc as i use it on daily basis etc.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Love G40's wanted one a few cars back but couldnt find a decent one in my price range :(

RenaultSport 172.
snap ^^

my mates polo g40 with the usual mods and toother kit, kills everything to be honest....

:)