ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FYI - I have a TVR.....again

Haha Waitey you're a hero. A man of sublime taste.

I saw your MK on PH's the other day! I wish I could afford to do 300-400 miles a week in a TVR. I'd have a Chim on the driveway tomorrow :)

How is something like this to run anyway (money wise)?

From what I understand 20-24mpg is not unreasonable to expect but the speed six can drop sub 16mpg when hooning. Servicing is every 6K

Speed Six service prices 6K - £380/12K - £750 on cycle.

Taken from STR8SIX as an example. Then if it needs rebuilding it gets expensive.

Full rebuild to latest spec:

from £4950* + vat.

Blueprinted 4.3 conversions inc new block etc from £10,500.00* + vat.
* Above prices inc removal and installation.

Then you need to stay on top of chassis condition. That said consumables aren't particularly pricey lol :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Once.

I tried to post earlier, I remember Needsters man thread. Some good lols in that thread!

I still remember that kids problem thread when I told him to tighten the cleepers lol

Ah Needster, she'd teach the asw's on here a thing or two.

How is something like this to run anyway (money wise)?

From what I understand 20-24mpg is not unreasonable to expect but the speed six can drop sub 16mpg when hooning. Servicing is every 6K

Speed Six service prices 6K - £380/12K - £750 on cycle.

Taken from STR8SIX as an example. Then if it needs rebuilding it gets expensive.

Full rebuild to latest spec:

from £4950* + vat.

Blueprinted 4.3 conversions inc new block etc from £10,500.00* + vat.
* Above prices inc removal and installation.

Then you need to stay on top of chassis condition. That said consumables aren't particularly pricey lol :)

Wick is about right. Little jobs add up too. Like this is going in for an engine mount and to have its suspension set up, and that's £300 ish.

This one has already had its clutch done (£700) and some nice shiny Nitron's put on it (£1000).

You will see nearly 30mpg on a run, or about 10 on a good thrash.

Engine rebuilds will hang over you forever too....

Turbos.
Saw your post on FB...

Still think they are ugly but no doubt eye catching, and in fairness great VFM. You will get so many jealous looks come the next Summer's day with the roof down; the perfect car for the next few months.

Also credit to you for switching cars so often, lol! Its nice to have the right car at the right time (and mood).

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Saw your post on FB...

Still think they are ugly but no doubt eye catching, and in fairness great VFM. You will get so many jealous looks come the next Summer's day with the roof down; the perfect car for the next few months.

Also credit to you for switching cars so often, lol! Its nice to have the right car at the right time (and mood).
!

I agree with that, they are the 'ugliest' TVR.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I concur,you've bought the right car at the right time.Should be a hoot for the next few months.

Think I may have just realised where said "moat" is. Would the RRS happen to be on the drive in street view? With a Maverick behind it and a TT further back?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Think I may have just realised where said "moat" is. Would the RRS happen to be on the drive in street view? With a Maverick behind it and a TT further back?

Aye, thats my old TT.

/Stalker

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
First purchase,

Some 235/40/18 Toyo T1 Sport Assyms for the rear.

IMG_04401.jpg

BMW F21 125d
Nice summer bus, similar running costs to the M3. Perfectly justifiable though, going fast and sounding cool costs monies.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Rear tyres on. Got told both front have bulges in them, arse. New fronts ordered too!