ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

future british f1 champ

williams and trophy
youngest ever clio owner??

def youngest ever clio williams driver..kinda...he helped me drive, him steer, at 18 months. has been round donny almost flat out as passenger. done probably more speed orientated things than most club members already.

and the little sods faster than me lol.

williams and trophy
If he wants to be a future british F1 champ, he has to be in karting now,
not cheap, (not indoor karting)

i know mate. unfortunately not really cheap enough for me to support.

he has the lap record for the cadet karts at that track, quicker than most adults in full size karts apparently, 25 secs being average time there, hes running 23s in cadet lol. amir khans cousin goes same track, £000s behind him n his backing already, but yet hes nowhere near as quick as my son. hes got the money to compete, whos gunna get the drives later on in life??? lol this motorsport business sucks big time.

am searching for a cheap kart for him so he can at least get into some practises on outdoor tracks etc, so any help in the karting world would be appreciated, best steps to take. which series etc. iv looked at a couple but its all kinda up in the air it seems at mo.

clio v6 mk2,

Here is lewis hamilton years ago
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xDgpS4kx88s&feature=related

russel park. where is he now?

did he not have enough money for f1, because he looked evry bit a match for hamilton in ability.
Russel park,?? don't know?? you have to have money, to get up the ladder in motorsport:( many are better but no money:dapprove:

lewis had Mclaren money then, motorsport (karting) not cheap, i have had many British champs, 4th at world champs only. (one day):D

clio v6 mk2,

i know mate. unfortunately not really cheap enough for me to support.

he has the lap record for the cadet karts at that track, quicker than most adults in full size karts apparently, 25 secs being average time there, hes running 23s in cadet lol. amir khans cousin goes same track, £000s behind him n his backing already, but yet hes nowhere near as quick as my son. hes got the money to compete, whos gunna get the drives later on in life??? lol this motorsport business sucks big time.

am searching for a cheap kart for him so he can at least get into some practises on outdoor tracks etc, so any help in the karting world would be appreciated, best steps to take. which series etc. iv looked at a couple but its all kinda up in the air it seems at mo.

Ye cadet class (comer) or (WTP) just for now club racing, and see how he go;s, hope all go's well good luck:D ,im here if you want to know more .:approve:

Track 172 & Golf R32
I raced in 4 uk karting challenge races and gave up it was sooo expensive and simply couldnt afford to keep the kart going :(

I was pretty good at it too

williams and trophy
cool. any advice appreciated mate. iv been looking at the easykart series, altho the cadet series isnt up n running yet, should be next season karts are £1700 and they reckon u can do a season on £1500 so thats not too bad.

took him to 3 sisters the other week, jus have a chat with drivers etc, some 8 year old kids there with budgets of £70k + lol. doesnt mean they great drivers, jus have very rich parents. lol

they were the running the comers tho, and had the odd wtp kart in there too. rebuilds evry 20 hours, 3 rebuilds per engine etc etc etc makes for an expensive season straight away for the comers lol. apparently te wyp s dont need to be rebuil as often but rebuild price is more.

swings n roundabouts really.

Track 172 & Golf R32
cool. any advice appreciated mate. iv been looking at the easykart series, altho the cadet series isnt up n running yet, should be next season karts are £1700 and they reckon u can do a season on £1500 so thats not too bad.

took him to 3 sisters the other week, jus have a chat with drivers etc, some 8 year old kids there with budgets of £70k + lol. doesnt mean they great drivers, jus have very rich parents. lol

they were the running the comers tho, and had the odd wtp kart in there too. rebuilds evry 20 hours, 3 rebuilds per engine etc etc etc makes for an expensive season straight away for the comers lol. apparently te wyp s dont need to be rebuil as often but rebuild price is more.

swings n roundabouts really.

Well worth the time and money spent.. in my opinion and my Dads brought us a bit closer if anything even when he f**cked the kart settings up that we worked hard to find in practice lol im thinking of a return but at 19 it will be a lot harder to get back into especialy with uni..

But anyway do it mate its a worthwhile experience..

what my dad did thou was got a kart for his self when i was smaller and had a blast every now n then. and as i progresed to the rotax 125's he got hes own seat made and had a blast in mine which i wasnt to happy about at the time lol

williams and trophy
You must be very proud mate.Good for young kids to be doing something worthwhile

i am mate. he used to race against kids only, but now the marshalls let him on with the adults , which is quite funny, even tho their karts are a lot faster, it takes them sometimes 8 or 9 laps to get past him. it also spurs him on to go quicker than when hes with the kids tbh. thinkhe gets the red mist. his awareness is something else tho, always knows when someones coming up behind him and always knows where to put his kart to stop them coming past lol. hed rather see u in the tyre wall than coming past him.

its his ambition to beat hamilton. lol. i just hope i can afford to let him realise his dream. or at least get him set on the road to it, hopefully hel show enough ability at a later stage to draw in some sponsors etc. cos i def cant compete with the £70k budgets etc. i need to do some more digging tbh, see if theres any kind of comps. etc that hecan enter for the seasons racing etc, much like they do for the clio cups etc.

will get doubly expensive when the daughters tall enough to reach the pedals too. lol altho i have a feeling she isnt as quick as him. last time she went in a kart her helmet was nearly pulling her out of it on evry corner lol.

Turbos.
Money and luck really... i know a guy who raced with Lewis when they were 15 and 13 respectively... but hes still stuck in karts. Hes not middle of the pack either, beat Lewis plenty of times.

Track 172 & Golf R32
the few girls i raced were realy good lol its in the genes.. there racing line is as bad as there parking

Evo 8 Jap Crap
My mate nathan freke finished runner up to hamilton in the british karts.

My mate had his dad for help and that was it, hamilton even at the young age had his own pit crew.

He was always going to win the karts.

Nathan went on to be british karts champion 4 years in a row

www.nathanfreke.co.uk is my mate

The european superkarts are the bollox

european_superkart_2.jpg

2live if you want advice on go karting speak to my mate nathan - http://www.century-karting.co.uk/index.html

Tell him Rob from JPOC told you to have a word

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
My mate nathan freke finished runner up to hamilton in the british karts.

My mate had his dad for help and that was it, hamilton even at the young age had his own pit crew.

He was always going to win the karts.

Nathan went on to be british karts champion 4 years in a row

www.nathanfreke.co.uk is my mate

The european superkarts are the bollox

european_superkart_2.jpg

2live if you want advice on go karting speak to my mate nathan - http://www.century-karting.co.uk/index.html

Tell him Rob from JPOC told you to have a word

FREKE! I know Nathan, his old boys a good lad too! Rapid too! The Pavesi's they ran were awesomely fast!

Raced with Nathan in Superkarts and rotax! Good driver!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Money and luck really... i know a guy who raced with Lewis when they were 15 and 13 respectively... but hes still stuck in karts. Hes not middle of the pack either, beat Lewis plenty of times.
Fair enough, but speed in one discipline doesn't always equal speed in another. Despite several tries, Senna never won the world karting championship, and many drivers that have been great in lower formula's haven't been able to bring that pace into F1 (Jan Magnussen!).

williams and trophy
lol. but thats a 197. they not even in the top20 are they??

evryone can have a bad day tho ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sHSPoJKjt4

or a good day ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWiV5zFTbys

Whats your point? Wasnt the williams included in evos test in 2006 for best fwd handling car ever.

Who beat it to the title as best fwd car. oh yeah it was a teg

lol.was just pointing out that 1 scalp doesnt mean they better. iv raped teg type r's down the strip, on track, on road.

1 magazines opinion doesnt count for everybody. we all have our own.

yes the williams was included in the best drivers car of all time by evo mag, was the teg there?? i know it didnt beat the williams then. was up against zondas, porkas and the like.

im not a reader of evo mag. can u scan the article of best fwd car up??

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Standard for standard a clio williams will NOT beat a teg down the 1/4 mile

Why the hell has this turned into a teg bashing thread anyway i thought you were interested in go karting :sleepy:

Just for your info.

Evo Magazine compiled a list of the Ten greatest car icons of all time

The teg was in the list alongside cars such as the bugatti veyron, mclaren f1 and the skyline R34 GTR

Good enough praise.......

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/car...porsche_997_gt3_v_nissan_skyline_r34_gtr.html

Last edited:
  williams and trophy
lol. not bashing the teg.

i like em.

just the ones iv come up against havent impressed me tbh. and down the 1/4 mine had de-cat n zorst only. even craggys vts was quicker, but that was standard.

and yes i am intrested in the karting. i need info to get my son involved lol,

bit of a bump to the top is no skin off my nose, even if it is slightly off topic.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
EVO said

Back in issue 095, we brought together the 15 greatest front-drive cars of recent times. The Integra was the overall winner. As Meaden concluded, ‘It’s a car as sweet and all-consuming as any I’ve experienced at any price, and as pure and focused in its own way as any Porsche RS. Forget the accolade of greatest front-wheel-drive car. The Integra Type-R ranks as one of the truly great drivers’ cars of any kind.’

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol...Willy's are pisch! Teg is faster, quicker and better on track! fact! Unless it's number 0051 which is like a lotus exige with 600brake! ;)

williams and trophy
lol. no mate no. 0051 is jus a stripped out cammed up track car with roughly 170 bhp.......was raping the vees and meg 225s down the long straights at spa tho ;)

0159 however.......diff beasty.

williams and trophy
yes mate ....quite a lot of team drivers there......no.22 being 1 of them. i did think my sons didnt seem to be revving as hard as most of em tho.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
yes mate ....quite a lot of team drivers there......no.22 being 1 of them. i did think my sons didnt seem to be revving as hard as most of em tho.

gearing/Carb settings...Plus the blueprinting makes a big difference.

Rocket motorsport were the boys bak them (Jon button)

I think Force and Soxiante are still going strong.