ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fusion Subwoofer

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Hi it's my first time getting a sub so im not really too sure what to go for, dont want to spend too much.

Ive been offered a fusion twin subwoofer with a built in amp, ive been told the model is EN-AB2120.

Doesnt really bring up any specs when you search it on google.

550w max power rating - would that be the amp or sub/s?

Basically is it a decent sub?

Mk3 clio 1.5
could be either tbh, its the rms you want to know about to be honest. fusion are a decent make, but dunno why they just seem chavvy to me :/

RS6 C7
i wouldnt bother with a twin as they weigh a tonne! just get a decent single one ;) JBL are cheap and pretty good IMO

billabong...
yeah single 10" rockford fosgate punch with punch amp is more than enough for a little clio! and you still retain most of the boot space!

Mk3 clio 1.5
i wouldnt bother with a twin as they weigh a tonne! just get a decent single one ;) JBL are cheap and pretty good IMO
yeah thats what I had, they were impresive for the price. I'd recomend teh 12" GT Series I had GT5, But GTO is next one up and within a good budget.

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Thanks for the replies.

But surely havin a twin sub is better than a single one? Especially if that Pioneer one has 2X400 rms and where as a single one will only have 1X300/400 rms.

The link I posted for the pioneer sub seller says he will let it go for £80 pounds, is that good?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
may I query what amp you will be using to power said twin sub box?

Polo + Micra
yeah 2 subs running at full power is about 3dB louder than a single sub running at full power iirc

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
800w rms, 2x400rms so it says on the gumtree add.
Would you say that sounds right and is good? Is the brand "Pyle" a good brand of amp?

Listerine & Poledo
So, you're going to go from no sub set-up before to a honking great wardrobe in your boot?

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
yeah 2 subs running at full power is about 3dB louder than a single sub running at full power iirc

Could someone explain this to me please?

So having a twin/two subs is only just slightly louder than one sub?
I thought having a twin sub would be more louder/bassy than just one?

Polo + Micra
Could someone explain this to me please?

So having a twin/two subs is only just slightly louder than one sub?
I thought having a twin sub would be more louder/bassy than just one?

3dB is actually twice as loud but humans only perceive a 10dB increase as being twice as loud

Ph1 - 172
Although having two subwoofers means twice the cone area thus twice the air movement this does not mean that it will be better than a single subwoofer of a different brand. One of the things to look at is the excursion, say the fusion twin has an excursion of 14mm per sub that will be 28mm combined, a JL W7 may move 35mm thus moving more than twice as much air as the fusions. This can explain why a single sub can prove louder than a twin.

There are so many factors that go into making a sub sound the way it does its near impossible to explain over a forum post.

3dB might not sound much but it is infact double the volume (little bit confusing i know!)

If its your first subwoofer i wouldnt bother going silly with it, a fusion or jbl will probably be more than enough to begin with. See if its loud enough for you if not move up to the better brands such as rockford or JL.

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Thanks for the replies!
Helped me understand quite a bit!
It comes down to wanting decent/good bass aswell as wanting to outdo/match friends sub's haha :rasp:
A friend has a twin pioneer sub and i asked him about it he said hes running them at 250rms bridged and it sounded pretty good!

I decided to give the fusion a pass, didnt seem that good!

Currently im watching a vibe monobox 3 amp on ebay, 1 x 400rms, and if i get a decent single sub such as audiobahn or jbl it should sound better than his?

Appreciate all the replies!

Polo + Micra
Thanks for the replies!
Helped me understand quite a bit!
It comes down to wanting decent/good bass aswell as wanting to outdo/match friends sub's haha :rasp:
A friend has a twin pioneer sub and i asked him about it he said hes running them at 250rms bridged and it sounded pretty good!

I decided to give the fusion a pass, didnt seem that good!

Currently im watching a vibe monobox 3 amp on ebay, 1 x 400rms, and if i get a decent single sub such as audiobahn or jbl it should sound better than his?

Appreciate all the replies!

imho i'd steer well clear of audiobunk subs

the vibe is a decent enough amp and looking at the stats it will output 600w into 2 ohms

so look at getting either a single 2 ohm voice coil sub or a dual 4 ohm voice coil sub

Ph1 - 172
Wanting to have a better set up than your mates is a great motivator! ive always been the same :eek:

Fusion and Vibe are on the same kind of level with perhaps Fusion being slightly better as they tend to be more honest. Vibe tend to over rate ther own products and are not that good at what they do.

My advice would be to be to look away from the vibe/fusion/fli gear as its not the best. JBL amps are very good for the money along with there subs as has been sugested.

If your looking second hand you can probably get something such as JL, Rockford or Kicker. Keep an eye on gumtree, any of these brands will be alot better than your mates pioneer.

Monaro VXR
What kind of budget do you have? All good us giving you brands to look at, but if you don't want to spend that kind of money it's a bit pointless.

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Around £100, which is why im looking around ebay to get something decent used.

Iv found a jbl 1500w amp on gumtree, from looking at it stats on jbl's website it is
1200 watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms
1500 watts RMS x 1 channel at 2 ohms

Would it be possible to wire that to two subwoofers which would be 600rms? I dont know if that would work thats just a thought as looking around on ebay a 1200rms sub wont be cheap!

Polo + Micra
if you get two 4 ohm subs, they can get upto 750wRMS into each

don't worry about the power too much as you can throttle it back

it's always better to have an amp that outputs more power than the sub can handle

Jap Box
imho i'd steer well clear of audiobunk subs

the vibe is a decent enough amp and looking at the stats it will output 600w into 2 ohms

so look at getting either a single 2 ohm voice coil sub or a dual 4 ohm voice coil sub

Ive got an Audiobahn sub and its been great for the past year, 15" 800w RMS as far as I remember.

Gives the car one hell of a rattle at high volume and handles well to low volume dubstep too :) why the hate? :rasp:

Only thing letting mine down at the moment is the amp, its just a crappy mutant 4 channel one from halfords as my monoblock one blew a few weeks ago :( key to a decent setup will be the amp as if the RMS on that isnt high enough then a whopping great sub will be useless to you.

Polo + Micra
Ive got an Audiobahn sub and its been great for the past year, 15" 800w RMS as far as I remember.

Gives the car one hell of a rattle at high volume and handles well to low volume dubstep too :) why the hate? :rasp:

Only thing letting mine down at the moment is the amp, its just a crappy mutant 4 channel one from halfords as my monoblock one blew a few weeks ago :( key to a decent setup will be the amp as if the RMS on that isnt high enough then a whopping great sub will be useless to you.

audiobunk amp?

far too much chrome and i've never heard anything good about them.

Jap Box
audiobunk amp?

far too much chrome and i've never heard anything good about them.

Nah never had an amp from them, was a FLI amp. Got the sub in an enclosed box so no idea on the chrome really, sounds decent enough though :)

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
How much would it cost me if i was to make a box for two subs?

Im going to inquire about that jbl amp, been having a look on ebay for any decent prcied subs but most of the jbl subs seem to be around 300rms, which is too small for that amp.
I know that the audiobahn subs are i think 600rms and there cheapely availible of ebay, what other brand should i look for?