ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuse keeps blowing

Subaru 330s
Saturday I drove my car into town no problems, went back to it, unlocked it a few hours later and when I unlocked it I noticed my alarm had gone off, I started it up and the radio, clock & cigarette lighter weren't working, plus the light by the gearstick console didn't stop flashing for the whole journey. Checked the fuses with a multimetre when I got home, and replaced it. Turned car on and everything was back on as normal.
In the early hours of Sunday morning my car alarm started going off again, three times, until I eventually got up and did the manual locking thing (pressed the button inside & locked passenger door to disable alarm), went to go out in it in the morning and again the clock, radio & cigarette lighter were off, so replaced the fuse again.
Drove to work this morning, all was fine. Locked the car normally, but alarm had gone off again. Moved the car as I was obstructing the bin men but radio, clock etc was fine. Got in it to come home this evening and clock, radio & cig lighter were all off again so third time the fuse has blown now.

I don't think the problems with the alarm are linked with the fuse as it has been intermittently happening over the last couple of weeks, going off in the middle of the night randomly, and sometimes at work, it was ok for a week or so and has started up again. It's gone off since I've got home so I've just manually locked it until I have time to look where the problem is coming from (it changed between three light blinks and four light blinks).

Any ideas on why the fuse keeps blowing or what I need to look for. I should probably point out I permanently have a dashcam plugged into the cig lighter, this never gets moved or touched, it's been there for near on a year with no problems, I intend to wire it in, but not got round to that yet......could be linked to that I guess? I've ran out of fuses now to test whether leaving that dashcam out will make a difference, so will have to wait till I can get one at the weekend now