ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

funny noise

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

the 182 is making a funny noise.. i noticed it when i was at the nurburgring tonight and it kicks in at (cough)20 mph.. a very high pitch noise, obvioulsly i didnt want to mess about hitting the dash to see if i could get rid of it but i thought it may be something mechanical as it sounded like it was from the front somewhere... didnt go away until i slowed to under (cough)20mph and is still there even if i ease off the accelerator.

any ideas?

dk

911 GTS Cab

a lot of people have reported a high pitch noise at high speeds on the autobahn, i think lee was one of them in his 182, I have taken mine up to 140 though while on the ring trip and it didnt make one so not sure really.

Some thought it was a safety thing but only some do it?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

who knows... i have no idea.. thought it may be an interesting story to tell the renault service desk tomorrow though... lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 26 July 2005

a lot of people have reported a high pitch noise at high speeds on the autobahn, i think lee was one of them in his 182, I have taken mine up to 140 though while on the ring trip and it didnt make one so not sure really.

Some thought it was a safety thing but only some do it?

it was definetely not anything that was ment to be making that noise... the old girl sees 140 regularly on the trips to the ring and i have never had that before, i have had several new creaks due to the speed which are blantantly in the car, but this one im not so sure...

Ive been getting a really annoying high pitched sound tonight and it just comes and goes when it wants. Obviously I havent been driving at them speeds, but was getting it around 40 - 60 mph. Was so high pitched that even my music was getting drowned out by it

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i noticed mine yesterday night.. but i had the music up to loud.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

the thing is i have never had this noise before... but maybe it could be the wing mirror.... ill have to do some test runs to check it out. ;)

Sounds nothing like the wing mirror whistle for me. Ya know the sound ya get when you put a mic to a speaker, that annoying high pitched sound ya sometimes get? Thats the annoying sound I had last night

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

yeah my sounds like that kind ofbut only above my afore mentioned speed.