ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

funny noise from... brakes

E36 323i coupe

Im getting this grinding noise from (I think) my brakes. I have done 3,500miles in the car. Surely... SURELY the pads havent gone already?

could be a number of things m8 best off jus bookin it into Renault, might as well rinse the warrenty ;)

is it a constant grindin or on/off?

Will just be grit / road salt.

Unless it was when you pulled away, my rear brakes bind slightly and then are fine after a few yards - in this cold weather.

My front pads managed approx 13K and I drove it HARD!! So no way yours are out at 3,500. LOL.

When they are on their way out they will start to squeak and shimmer slightly when you brake.

E36 323i coupe

Quote: Originally posted by CUP80Y on 03 January 2004
Will just be grit / road salt.Unless it was when you pulled away, my rear brakes bind slightly and then are fine after a few yards - in this cold weather.My front pads managed approx 13K and I drove it HARD!! So no way yours are out at 3,500. LOL.When they are on their way out they will start to squeak and shimmer slightly when you brake.

Well, thats what I thought, but when the brakes (discs and pads) died on my works van a few weeks ago, the noise was the same, just a lot louder.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

have it checked.a seized brake caliper could cause excessive wear of the pads for example.probably just a bit of disc corrosion with the bad weather though.

i had this problem with my rear brakes sticking when setting of in the morning due to the weather i think but it did do it in summer a couple of times..renault found the rear pads to be faulty and now everything is fine..road salt could have something to do with it..why not give them a blast with a power hose?