ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fully pollybush the front end??

Blk/Gold 182 FF
as title says really, has anyone done this?? as in change all the standard bushes for the polly ones, ie all mounts, wish bone, ARB etc, seems expensive so just wonderd if its worth doing?

Blk/Gold 182 FF
myn are gettin that way, theres on a noticed on both wishbones a bit tatty lookin anyway and the dog bone mount is really loose lol

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
my can has just failed mot because the sleeves where welded in b******s

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
ee20d8d8.jpg

You can just..about see where they have been tacked.

Any decent garage will be able to do it, just make sure they prep the area for a clean weld.

CLIO PH1 172
b****cks!- I think!!

iv just had mine welded and they did 3 15/20mm welds around each sleeve? is this bad?

CLIO PH1 172
yes the bushes go in fine? just wandered is they had to be spot/tac welded rather than a full weld?

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
i think the guy testing my car got pissed off when i told him my cup doesn't need link on the lsv and he was talking balls trying to fail me for it

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Haha! i'm sure you said i'm buying it anyways :rasp:

I was getting them powder coated anyways and i thought the blue looked different lol :cool:

172 ph1, r5, clio16v
i think the guy testing my car got pissed off when i told him my cup doesn't need link on the lsv and he was talking balls trying to fail me for it

??? Doesnt need a link on lsv? why not?
Also As far as welding on wishbones It hasnt been repaired and significantly weakened by the welds has it? Therefore cannot be failed! I own an MOT station and have thorough knowledge of the book!
However load sensing valve linkage missing is a straight fail if fitted its gotta be working!

I put mine in without welding for the MoT as was a bit short of time. I'd done less 100 miles by the MoT and one of them had popped out, but the guy showed me but said it wasn't an MoT fail, so can't see why he failed yours.

I've welded them up now.

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
the cup version doesn't have abs or need for the link as the valve is factory preset