ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full Wash 2morow For My Sale!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
selling my car and tomorow i want to do a very good wash on it, so i know its been asked millions of times but what should i do and use?
i dnt want 2 spend silly money and 5 different fluids that i have 2 rub in at differnet temperatures and all the bullshit lol

so basically what should i do and use, ( ps i have car shampoo, and a selection of auto glym products in the garage,) along with some 3m hand glaze but that stains plastics bad! and i have the spinny thing lol.

RB 182
You probably can only do as much as the following I would imagine:

Wash - With the shampoo you have
Clay - If you can get to Halfords and get some Meg's Quik Clay.
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Wax - Try and do this aswell if you have some wax you can use.

Not much notice to get any products in.

106 GTi
At this time of year I would be tempted to ditch the clay and save it till spring.

But as above wash, Super Resin Polish and then the Extra Gloss Protection. Forget the wax for now and then add extra coat of EGP after you wash over the next few times.

RB 182
He won't have the car in spring Rich because he's selling it, unless you mean save the clay for the new car?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
You probably can only do as much as the following I would imagine:

Wash - With the shampoo you have
Clay - If you can get to Halfords and get some Meg's Quik Clay.
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Wax - Try and do this aswell if you have some wax you can use.

Not much notice to get any products in.

ok i think ill miss the clay but wash, polish, and seal it, what wax should i use? do u need 2 get a red 1 for a red car?

and what is the best way to remove key marks?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
at the start they are very light but the middle is catching my finger nail, touch up pen frm halfrauds?

wat wax should i buy *keep cheap in mind lol*

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
also what shoudl i apply all this stuff with? as said i have a spinny thing with a clothy thing on top?

106 GTi
Would not bother with a wax, save the cash and just layer on the sealant layers.

Apply with foam of microfiber hand pads.

106 GTi
I would - two coats of Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

Yellow Meguiars foam hand pads from Halfords will be fine.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
done! i was buffign off the protector stuff in dark so cant really tell what it looks like! but i will post pics 2morow! cheers dor ur help rich!