ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

full respray

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
getting mates rates on a full respray on the clio and its too good to be true the price, the gent thats doing it resprayed a mk1 rs and it won an award in a fast ford mag so always a good sign. he menioned 4k paid or something like that and doing 4 coats of paint.

would it be really worth it on a trophy?

i need the bumper and done anyways so tempted with the works

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Seems incredibly cheap and you do get what you pay for. Roughly for a good job it should be a few hundred just for a bumper and blend.

If the rest of your paintwork is okay I'd just respray the required parts as you'll be kicking yourself if it ends up looking worse than before.

I'm sure gally would be very sceptical as well!

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Seems incredibly cheap and you do get what you pay for. Roughly for a good job it should be a few hundred just for a bumper and blend.

If the rest of your paintwork is okay I'd just respray the required parts as you'll be kicking yourself if it ends up looking worse than before.

I'm sure gally would be very sceptical as well!

exactly my thoughts but i remember back in the day he done a respray on my mates mk1 clio and the paint was pretty flawless back 5 years ago. im hoping to visit his work soon. he has a supra in there so al have a look and take some pictures.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
He charged the other guy 4k and he's charging you 550?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
is he using Dulux or Crown for that sort of cash?

Fair play if you get a cracking job for that money, but unless its mates rates I think that is very very cheap........

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
He charged the other guy 4k and he's charging you 550?
nah sorry ... he said something about 4k paint so it doesnt go pink in the sun.

is he using Dulux or Crown for that sort of cash?

Fair play if you get a cracking job for that money, but unless its mates rates I think that is very very cheap........
He said something like 4 litre of paint mabe 5 and its 27 quid a tub from where he gets it.

It is mates rates, maybe a should look into it further.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Prep can take hours or weeks..

Still £550 sounds so cheap....that's what I got quoted for paint and materials.
he did mension i wont have the car for a week or slightly longer. im going on holiday in june so was gonna leave it with him, he said he could do a cheaper job but wouldnt be a showroom finish.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
That's the exact price I paid for a full respray in a new colour once... to be fair it wasn't the greatest job in the world, but it made a 17 year old car look infinitely better :) imo, still a bargain because I was happy with it.

Punto/Clio GTT
why does it need a full respray? any damage? if its pretty much scotch, mask n blast, 550 is low end but not unheard of

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
why does it need a full respray? any damage? if its pretty much scotch, mask n blast, 550 is low end but not unheard of
It doesnt need a full respray but considering the cost of a normal respray and being mate rates it seems cheap and bring the trophy up there with the best :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
As previous said - reversing one panel if your not happy vs reversing a whole car if not you're happy?

Really need to do your home work on this one pal.

Strange but if it was over a grand to do it at mates rates I would be less worried as to the final quality.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I paid £500 for my respray last year all in. Everything done bar roof and wing mirror caps. The car looks really good but there are a couple of imperfections which might bother the mega OCD chaps. Nothing that would bug a normal human though. That was cheap and done by a mate though. The people I know in the trade roughly go on £200 a panel but obviously paint costs can have a massive effect on that.

While I'm in here I may as well ask as well. How much paint are we looking at for a clio? I fancied doing my 172 in a green similar to BMWs fiji green cars but solid.

Last edited by a moderator: