ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full Lock Skipping

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
When I spin my mk2 172 round at full lock the car jumps quite aggressively, What could be worn or broken?

CV Joint?
Track Road?
Top Mount?
Suspension?
Dogbone bushes?
Wheel balancing?

I don't know if it's connected but the car pulls slightly to the right as well, which I think is causing excessive tyre wear to the outside of the right front tyre.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The skipping is normal and nothing to worry about. Spacers or grinding around the top mounts are the only fixes.

Tracking wise, get yourself a four wheel laser alignment using something like the Hunter system.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I've had the car nearly 5 years and it's never been this bad which hints that somethings wrong or has too much play in it.

I have noticed when the camber changes on the road in a corner for example, the car can feel a bit floaty.

Changes to often
Mine does this but I thought it was something to do with the diff not having enough slip in it

clio 172 phase 2
I've replaced everything as my car has been off the road over most of winter . Test drove the the other day and i have this symptom . I think it is a tracking issue as ive had all the suspension components changed . And the geometry is all over the shop il be tracking it on monday il report back here to see if it solves it

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've replaced everything as my car has been off the road over most of winter . Test drove the the other day and i have this symptom . I think it is a tracking issue as ive had all the suspension components changed . And the geometry is all over the shop il be tracking it on monday il report back here to see if it solves it

Did you do your ARB and rack bushes too?