ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel tank weight?

172, BMW 650i & X5
Hi All,

I've a Ph1 172 I only use for track. I'm a weight loss freak and have been looking at the fuel tank.
I have an engineering mate who can fabricate one for me. Before I start sketching drawings, does anyone know the weight of the standard tank? (before I start pulling mine out)
Any other advice much appreciated, many thanks...

172, BMW 650i & X5
Seems to be the case. Still weight hunting...
Any updates on your motor Mark?
Seen a few bits up for sale there...
Also, any updates on Nutts Corner Sprints?
Cheers bud

Seems to be the case. Still weight hunting...
Any updates on your motor Mark?
Seen a few bits up for sale there...
Also, any updates on Nutts Corner Sprints?
Cheers bud

Battery done, kill switch done, so finally running again. Finished lowering the seat bases and steering column today, cage back in, seats not back in yet, then it's bumper off and canister and anything else not needed off :smile:
Sprint is on the 27th, scrutineering at 10.00 and the 1st cars out at 11.00, so not too bad :smile: You and Keith still up for a day out? :tonguewink:

172, BMW 650i & X5
Should be. After the Christmas madness and annoying relatives we'll be well ready for a bit of sport.
Think I've officially ran out of things to do or grind. As I'll be missing February track day I can see boredom/frustration kicking in!