ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Tank Venting - EVAP system removal

OCD_Eng

ClioSport Club Member
  2004 Clio 182 FF
Hello all,

So during my recent work on my spares or repair Clio 182. I have decided to remove the EVAP system (as many of you have done) before due to a dead solenoid and a cracked carbon canister. The electrical and intake mani pipe are obvious what to do and have been mentioned lots of other times in many other posts. I have concerns/questions about the tank ventilation. I initially blanked it off under the rear bumper, but after opening the filler yesterday it was clear it was under significant positive pressure (not a hot day) now I'm not so certain on it.

What have you done to complete the tank ventilation system? in detail... have you thought about air in and out of the tank? liquid leakage under cornering or roll over? the release of fuel vapour in hot or enclosed areas? road water/dirt/oils/debris getting into the tank?

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I fitted a one way valve like above in the pipe, it's still in the engine bay drivers side but hidden out the way and secure, tank still vents but is done so in a safe manner,