ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel pump not priming

Dci 100
I've had this problem for 3 weeks now and its incredibly annoying if it doesnt get fixed soon i'm gonna kick the living crap out of my car....it wont solve anything but it'll make me feel better for a short while!

the fuel pump is not priming and i have an electrical fault light illuminated on my dash when i go to start the car.

so this must either be the fuel pump relay or the pump itself right? a fault code reader would be able to determine which one of these it is wouldnt it?

anyone have a fault code reader in the west mids or staffs area that isnt doing anything today?

172 cup'd extreme
does the imobiliser light stay lit or flash very quickly? is the fuel pump getting power? another cause the is pump isnt getting a good earth

LY 182
immobiliser cuts ignition aswell, found that out to my cost the other day did a head gasket job and fooker wouldn't start turns out the owner knew he give me a duff key,, did start if you press the lock button as you crank it though??

when you say its not priming can you get the car to start or does it not run at all, if its put a light on the dash its more than likely going to be a resistance problem/ open circuit.. first thing to check is the inerta cut off button under the bonnet. press that in then you need to set about finding out where you have and havn't got feed

Lionel Richie
mk2 172 doesn't have a cut off switch, the engine turns over, but the fuel system isn't pressurising, i've been over to matts to look at the car

Dci 100
Ok, got hold of some relays today, and now i can say the fuel pump is now priming but its still not starting up!! what else could it be????

Dci 100
tell me about it!! are there any other relays that i could try Fred, like the small black ones? i got some spare, the bloke said he'd take them back if i didnt need them

replaced the yellow, the brown and purple square ones, are the small black ones linked?

brian told me about some under the glove box but i'm unsure of what they do

Dci 100
well its now FIXED, just thought i might as well stick all 6 relays in there that i boght and its now starting up no problems, thanks for the help everyone :D

now gotta get my MOT done!!