ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel pump gone or relays? help!

Valver
Fuel pump has been making a whining noise pretty much since I had the car 1-2 years, yesterday it cut out completely though. The whining noise was a lot less quiet, when I turned the key to turn the electrics on you could hear the pump but it was very faint, no where near as loud as before when it was priming.

Only thing is the car kinda starts splutters for a bit, 'idles' really badly ie 600rpm, only revs up to about 1200 if that and dies after about 10 seconds. Now its not really starting at all. If I hit round the rear bench/fuel pump area the pump seems to get louder?

If the pump was gone surely it wouldn't start at all? I've checked the connections by the level sender unit, but as mines a ph1 16v I can't access the pump from under the rear bench :(

I've read the relays are prone to failure, where would I find these?

Cheers.