ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel pump/ filter

Ph2 172
Hi,

Am i right in thinking that the 172 ph2 fuel pump/ filter (in tank) is one unit as opposed to the ph1 with the external filter?
If so, or not the case, what is the reliability of the pumps in general? The car has 67k '02.

Again price wise to replace, is it worth a direct replacement or fit an in tank (aeromotive or similar) and an inline filter?

Regards

Ph2 172
Thats what I thought, I believe its on its way out though hence the question.
Anything but putting your foot in th carpet it has hesitation/ suttering, and is getting slowly worse. Now i've been chasing my tail with this car with various issues since I picked it up. The coil pack/ HT leads/ plugs/ injectors/ O2 sensors are all new. Dont get me wrong these have pretty much all failed 'naturally' and this is the most recent fault.
Cheers

clio dci , ren8
Have had problems with the pumps in the past but they were all caused by people running there cars on the reserve all the time or constantly running out of fuel . In other words running the pump on the dregs or rubbish in the bottom of the tank or dry .