ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel on inlet gasket (photos included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed there's a slight amount of what seems to be fuel on my gasket for the inlet manifold, is this normal? It doesn't look to have been leaking at all, just a little bit sat there and also underneath the gasket.

8661936531_bfe6674728_b.jpg

8661937597_d3fbf3feb7_b.jpg

It's normal then I take it! Just thought I'd double check as I didn't notice it last time I had the inlets off.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cant say ive ever noticed it TBH, but it doesnt surprise me especially, I certainly wouldnt panick about it.

More likely to be oil than fuel I would think, given that the fuel is injected a fair bit after that point, no doubt its from from the breather that goes back into the inlet.

Cheers Chip. Could be, it just smelt like petrol as soon as I removed it so I put two and two together. I've tightened it up slightly more than before I took it off which hopefully has stopped it going onto the gasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.