ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Leak!!!!

Not a poxy Renault
Killer Fuel Leak!!!!

Drove about 30 miles tonight, mostly 80 - 100 on my private road. When I arrived at my destination I turned the engine off and it sat for about 30 mins. I was standing around chatting near the car and could smell petrol but thought nothing of it because of all of the vehicles nearby. When I got back into the car it would turn over but not fire up. I eventually put two and two together and decided that i had a fuel leak which I traced back to the fuel rail. It turned out that the fuel supply plug had popped out of the fuel rail, it easily popped back in but it was a bit worrying driving back home, I'm thinking flames out of the bonnet.
Has anyone had this before, heard of this before, and is this plug meant to be held in by a clip or something it seems that it came out too easily and could be potentially dangerous.

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

AdamHodge had this when he put his 172 engine in, he thought he'd flooded the engine because it would'nt start. I lifted the bonnet and just pointed "Ad, that's why it wont start" lol!

www.renparts.co.uk
my injector worked itself loose on my 1.4 16v and fuel was running down the front of the engine, thought i could smell fuel a bit in traffic started to feel feint after a while lol.