ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel issue

clio sport 172 ph2
Hi all my car died at the traffic lights tonight and ive been told that its the fuel pump. Is there any way I can fix this or do I need a new one. If so is there anyone in the Edinburgh area that has one . cheers in advance

clio sport 172 ph2
Hi, it was the guy at Stevens auto care who said it was the fuel pump, he disconnected the fuel line at the fuel rail turned the ignition on and no fuel came out, lifted the back seat and there is no noise at all coming from the pump

clio sport 172 ph2
Yeah checked that too,it was acting weird for a couple of days cutting out when I pulled up to the lights and I noticed that it wasn't as quick as it usually is

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like the pump itself and the control circuit needs testing to me.

Start by giving the pump a direct +12v and earth with a power probe and see if it runs. Then test the cars circuit as I bet it's a wiring issue.