ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel filter megane 225 location?

Clio 172 phase 1
As above a mate bought a fuel filter for his the other day but cant find it anywhere it doesnt look like an in tank one as its got the inline connections. Any ideas?

Clio 172 phase 1
Really as im on the renault dealer catalouge in work and the filter is near the charcoal filter and the pump is under the bk seats on the opposite side... not arguing but just wondering if its not above the carbon canister?

Clio 172 phase 1
The renault parts link 24 isnt very clear on our ecp system it shows the tank a charcoal filter and and inline filter then just arrows to where by they are on the car, however i dont want to go removing parts if there not there, as its not my car its my mates. :)

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
As above filter is internal in fuel pump sender on uk spec, no separate filter and you cannot change the filter fitted to sender. Fuel pump/sender unit is 70k service interval iirc.

Renault Clio RS 220
As above filter is internal in fuel pump sender on uk spec, no separate filter and you cannot change the filter fitted to sender. Fuel pump/sender unit is 70k service interval iirc.
Thankyou, will let you know how I get on 😊 Jo

Renault Clio RS 220
You will need to change the full fuel pump assembly if your doing it. Well worth doing now the mileage/age is getting up there on mk2 rs.
I was just looking at some forums as it won’t rev above 3000 & someone said to check the fuel filter 😊

Renault Clio RS 220
It's just a tea bag style filter that sits over the inlet side, I assume there's some aftermarket ones available that you can swap it out?

I've never heard of anyone replacing them though tbh (doesn't mean it shouldnt be done of course!)
I was looking at some forums as it won’t rev about 3000 & someone said to check the fuel filter, the fault code is DF054 😊