ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Consumption

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
hi guys.......I'm really curious how many mpg's you make with your clio's ........but in particular with matched inlet , exhaust and rs tuner map .....

now with nearly stock clio and a remap i make 12 km/l tha is ...28.34mpg 's and when driving around the city it's 23mpg .....

so ......can you tell me if it's normal or better try another chip or remap with rs tuner.....

thanks ....

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
i made a search just few minutes ago ....on rs tuner......but nobody writes about consumption ....

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
how many mpg you do usually ? i need the numbers so can make a comparison ....

Well you can never make a real comparison, as it all depends on the kind and style of driving you do.
With normal driving my computer (which is never 100% accurate) says I do around 40mpg.

But my car is stripped out so is a lot lighter, so better mpg too :)

PH2 Clio 172
My 172 is standard under the bonnet, I am getting 38mpg for everyday driving (my trip to work is 70% duel carriageway). Never seen it much below that.

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
it's very interestig ................I usually i go slow round the city and out of it ......gearchange at max 3000 rpm ...... i have shortened gerbox ( last ratio 13/57)

nobody runs RStuner remap ?

Last edited:
  ph1 black 172
it also depends are you trusting the cars mpg on dials or figuring it out with calculator?

if i follow the car then i get between 33-39. doing this on a calculator works out about 28-34mpg.

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
Just drive it! If you bought a RS Clio you're can't be too concerned with fuel economy!
Ok I agree . I've got a 190 hp punto gt before the clio and that made 20MPGs so i know what means a sport car . . . But now I asked you to have a comparison and to know that my clio run's properly. . . . another question of my clio is the remap that has on it . . .i'd like to try rs tuner