ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FTTP - who to use?

Golf Mk6 tdi
Moving into the new house soon (hopefully). Can anyone recommend one of the FTTP providers over the other?

BT are cheap but I don’t like them, although it will be a BT line.

Zen are my preferred choice but haven’t had any dealings - a couple of people at work use them and have only good words, but any further information people have would be nice.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
We used IDNet but it was a business package at an old company and couldn't fault them. Not sure what they can offer you but worth enquiring.

Can you have FTTP ?

Wasnt aware many properties had the ability for end to end fibre ?

Good to see it going into new houses if you can

I ran a full fibre network back in the late 90's early noughties as a Nortel transmission engineer ..... those were the days

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Golf Mk6 tdi
Yeah we live on the estate currently and get a whopping 2mb as BT put copper to a new estate. The government ruling for FTTP came in for the new phase and that’s where I am aiming to be. Will post photos of the kit when I get chance to get into the house.

Reactions: ...

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
We use BT for our FTTP. £60 a month gets us 330 download and 50 upload which at the time was the cheapest we could get it.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
could someone put tis topic into simple terms for me?

sounds interesting if ive got the right end of the stick

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Are you sure that it wont use IFNL? Alot of new property (including mine) are IFNL only, any other comms providers arent allowed on site for x amount of years. Seethelight are the retail side of IFNL which I use and have had no issues with at all, solid 314mbit down 60mbit up with very low latency.

could someone put tis topic into simple terms for me?

sounds interesting if ive got the right end of the stick
Most broadband now is FTTC fibre to a cabinet then copper wire to the house

Similar to using a 1.1 fiesta exhaust on a ferrari

FTTP OR H is fibre to your door so its the sports exhaust fitted for free flowing power

Does that help ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Can this be added to old houses?
Can see the green BT box from my front window about 50 meters away.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
This sounds amazing I must enquire.

On BT website they say ultra fast is that the same thing 100mb?