ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frontmost part of engine has fallen off, Advice needed!!

RB 182
Two days ago i noticed a slight rattling coming from the engine bay at very low speeds, I opened my bonnet today to find that the front most part of the engine has come off.

img0120ng.jpg

img0121ir.jpg

Picture of snapped bolt (i have replaced the engine side of this bolt just in case)

Shiney side was the end that came out of the engine.

img0123tol.jpg

Am i still save to drive my car? as far as I can see it doesn't seem to be a critical part of the engine..

Does anyone know where I can get two replacement bolts from, and how much they will set me back?

Last edited:
Its the fuel rail guard and while good to have on its not the end of the world if you don't. I'm sure someone on here will have some of the bolts or if not renault and I doubt they will be expensive. I have some but still on the engine until it gets stripped down in the coming weeks.

RB 182
Thanks for the fast replies.. I will be on the phone to my local dealer tomo to get these ordered...

Clio 172 cup,
I agree with Hutchie, leave it off, I take mine off everytime I change the oil, not sure how the hell you would change the filter otherwise lol

Lionel Richie
"leave it off" you'll regret saying that if you have some form of impact and you end up burning to death, just a thought

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
now I'm a massive advocate of shedding pointless extra bits and bobs, but that's not one that I'd leave off

Clio 172 cup
Wish one of my bolts would shear off!

Cant get my fuel rail guard off at all as one of the 10mm bolt heads is rounded off

:(