ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front wishbone replacement - DIY or garage?

Cliosport 182 FF
Hi everyone, I've been told that my 182 needs two new front wishbones as a previous owner's made a bodge job of fitting poly bushes resulting a lot of movement :( I'm a fairly competent DIY'er, is it a particularly difficult job? I'm guessing that new wishbones from Renault come with new bushes ready fitted?

182cup & 172 racecar
Yes they will come with bushes, and yes do it yourself. Fairly easy job if you know what a spanner and a hammer is.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Bodge job in what respect? The sleeves have to be tack welded in, they may have just been fitted as is, so you could get the fitted properly? Arms are not rob bad to do, depends how good you are with the spanners really.

Cliosport 182 FF
Thanks guys :) Scotty, I've been told that when they were fitted they weren't welded in, and the excessive movement has damaged the bushes and the part that they should have been welded to. Hoping to get the Axel stands out this morning and see for myself.

Cliosport 182 FF
Apart from the wishbones themselves do I need any other replacement parts e.g clamps or bolts that aren't reusable?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The new type of bushes do not need to be welded in, i fitted mine with Loctite then had my wishbones powder coated with no problems.

IMAG1505.gif