ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front wiper rest position

My front windscreen wiper, passenger side has always sat slightly too low. It very nearly rests on the drivers side one but I'm sure the length of wipers is correct. Any ideas? Does it just need taken off and re-attached in the correct position?

Cheers

Yes, use something like a ball joint splitter to remove it then just place it back on in the right position.

This is the type that I mean, as you need something to pull the wiper arm up at the same time as pushing the bit it screws onto down.

695494?$pd_main_v2$.jpg

Mine was about £8 from GSF I think or Eurocarparts. A hammer might do?

They just slide on, but yours will be seized on so need to be pulled up whilst the centre bit is pushed down before they give way and come off.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
If your's are anything like mine was, don't even bother attempting until you've got a puller. I got the one that @jesus has suggested from Halfords. Just be careful as it's a bit awkward and you can easily scratch the plastic.

Once they're off, it's a piece of piss to just move them up/down a notch, just takes a bit of trial and error.