ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front wiper relay?

Clio 172
Anyone know where this is? My wipers have desided not to work at all. No power to them at all. Replaced the motor and no luck so am assuming its the relay.

Cheers Ben

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Have you done a voltage check and made sure current is available at the connector. Check the inline fuses and fuse box ( at side of battery ) if all else fails i think it maybe your UCH at fault / Possibly a faulty wiper switch ?

If your unsure what to do get it to an auto elec

Clio 172
Am trying to avoid that as they are all mega expensive round here. Thought the fuses for it were next to the passanger airbag? Not a faulty wiper switch as far as im aware. It happened when it was snowing tryed to get the snow off with my wipers and the got stuck half way then desided not to work at all. Thought they'd popped outta the ball joint at first. Then thought motor had burnt out from the strain - yet again wrong. whats UCH?

Cheers Ben

MERCEDES CLS AMG
ahhh right - that old tale

Common fault this when you turn your wipers on and the wiper arms are frozen to the windscreen - it shorts the UCH out. Will need replacing more than likely. Before you do this check all the Relays in the fuse box near the battery. If there all OK it will a new UCH ( situated above bonnet release on N/S footwell - about 15cm long and 7 cm in width ) vary from £180 - £300 + vat at the dealers depending upon the oval plate and fabrication number of your car. You cannot fit a used one as there coded to the vehicle.

Clio 172
b****cks! Thats not good! Just checked my fuses some are too stuck and its wet and cold so fannied out. Although i seem to have a lot of fuses missing! Just checked on here and there seems to be no definative picture of what fuses i should have though? Gunna start up another post asking for pics of peoples fuse boxes and will check the rest in a bit when it stops raining.

Thanks Matt

Skoda Fabia vRS
if you have a slot with no fuse, and it has metal contacts in the slot, its likely to be for something, however, if your wipers worked before its pretty obvious its not a case of a missing fuse

if you dont know which fuse it is, check them all it doesnt take long

though Matt's diagnosis is probably on the money im afraid, we have done loads of wiper motors and linkages the last few weeks, make sure everything is getting a live feed as it should be

Clio 172
Just checked all my fuses again and it seems that the guy int he garage somehow managed to blow the fuse after fitting the new motor and didnt bother to check it the moron. So now i have working wipers! But thanks very much guys!

Also another quick question I have a and empty fuse holder with metal contact and the symbol is < > any ideas? Got a few missing with metal conatcts but im not sure what amp fuse to put in what would you guys recommend 10 amp then if they blow 20 amp?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
As stated in my first post - process of elimination. Always check the simplest method of repair first.

Glad its sorted