ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front suspension / steering 172

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
I'm not sure if this is normal as I have not reallt noticed this before but my wheels sometimes seem to have a mind of their own!!

I have aftermarket 17" alloys on so I expect a little tram lining but every bump I seem to feel on the front wheels and sometimes the steering wheel will pull to a particular direction in to pot holes or whatever...

Anyone experienced this and could say what was wrong? Could it be a knackered strut? I have just had new brakes (discs and pads) on the front about 3 weeks ago...

Check the pressures it will happen more in the wet weather as there less grip.
Also if there less trea it doesn't help.

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
The wheels have been on since January this year and this problem has only just started - I have another thread which is to do with the same problem - A local garage had said there is noise coming from the Diff... I'm hoping its nothing serious but there has been talk of a new gearbox!! This could have been caused when I had a new CV boot 3 weeks ago as its been hapenning since then... I have contacted the garage where it was done and I am waiting to hear back from them...