ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front suspension arms being replaced tomorrow

05 IO 182 cup
since having my MOT few weeks back i have booked my car in with the good peeps at Birchdown to have both front suspension arms replaced due to a leaking ball joint.

i am getting a slight knocking over large bumps so fingers crossed the car will feel a lot better after having the work carried out tomorrow morning.

anyone else had the arms replaced and felt a noticable difference ???

will write up my reports tomorrow !!

it's unlikely you'll notice any difference in driving the car afterwards unless the inner bushes are also shot. balljoint wear (unless it's really bad) generally just gives you a clonk and doesn't really affect the drive

05 IO 182 cup
cool !! well its a clonk free drive that i am after first and foremost - going for some lowering springs eventually so that should make a slight difference

05 IO 182 cup
well got car sorted out today - big thanks to Andy @ Birchdown - both arms replaced and....steering no longer judders at high speed, steering feels a lot tighter and front end feels a lot more planted + no knocking anymore - was not expecting a big difference, but the old arms were both a bit shot, one side had a lot of play in it - all sorted now !!

All done in just over an hour as well - top draw !!

nice drive on the country lanes on the way back, brisk to say the least