ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front strut arrangement help.

1.2 2003 clio
Hi I was just looking for some help from any of you who have fit coilover kits on a 1.2 clio.

Basically I removed the old spring and shock arrangement and after fitting the coilover seemed to have some bits left over (photos below ). I am quite capable when it comes to my car I have changed and fixed various parts such as brakes, starter motor and what not but I just can't seem to figure this one out.

Now what I have is from the top of the coilover there is the metal cone shaped piece which is part of the coilover then I have a rubber which sits on the cone then the car body and immediately above the top nut. Now I believe this to be wrong as there is some movement somewhere as the springs move and 'twang' when the steering is turned and looks wrong, now the pictures below show what I have left over.
Can anyone let me know what is missing and how everything should be arranged please??

Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers
Ian

Screenshot_2014-10-26-21-44-26.png

Screenshot_2014-10-26-21-42-38.png

Last edited:
  1.2 2003 clio
Just realised that that is the baring that I thought was still in, that's why I was getting confused....... silly me,

Am I right in saying it goes top of coilover, baring, rubber hat, nut, washer (next to baring in photo) , car then top nut. Also missing out the rubber that is on the end of my old spring in photo??