ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front speaker recommendations for 2002 172

2002 172
Ok so a quick recommendation for front door speakers would be great please.

I have standard head unit and not looking to change that. My front door speakers are nackered and sound ridiculous.

Want to replace them with some cheap direct fitment aftermarket speakers and hoping to put a sub under my seat too. Possibly!

Cheers :)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I replaced mine with these, they were 20 quid from a local place near me but you can get them anywhere, I had to cut and splice the wires together but that's not hard, I just twisted the two ends of each wire together then electrical taped them.
https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/pr..._AI1poOimVmQXMXjTsgEPtVq0kpoTe_AaAgxiEALw_wcB
csv528.jpg

2002 172
Cheers pal, just what I’m after!

Nothing special but better than a farting OEM speaker. Direct fitment is great but I’d have to make a good connection myself!

Clio 172
Any 13cm (5.25") speakers will fit straight in, you don't need to take the door cards off either the speaker grilles just pop off with a bit of care.

I'd buy the proper wiring adapters too they're only about 4 quid or something, the set of JVC speakers I bought came with some for the mk2 clio.

2002 172
Ok do the fitment depth doesn’t matter on these cars then? I was always under the impression that was as important as the speaker diameter?

Completely agree with the wiring, I wouldn’t leave it without a proper connection...