ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front speaker mounting depth for 6.5 inch speakers

Hi I have been looking for a last half hour for an idea on maximum depth a speaker can be to safely fit the clio 172 with out hitting anything or having any problems. I plan to cut away the plastic of the door card to fit the 6.5 inch in just want an idea on maximum depth???

I have read on the talk audio forum that 2.5 inch could be the depth allowable with out any mods or cutting of anything. so 63.5mm does this sound correct to people ?

i don't know, but you could gain some sort of idea by measuring the depth of the std basket, lower the window, and then check to see how far behind the basket the glass is

aren't you likely to have to mount them proud of the door with beefy speakers anyway?

Ok i have measured the current speaker mounting depth and that is 52mm

when you put the window down and measure from the glass to the metal work it is 60mm
and from the glass to the current plastic mounting position its 72 mm

these are rough measurements with a ruler but should give people an idea of what they could fit if they are looking at upgrading the speakers .