ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front shocks warranty

VW Golf TDI
what are the chances, need 2 car is in renault now get it back tomorrow, wil they be covered car is only 16 months old

cheers

VW Golf TDI
i know I didnt get any joy with my rears either on my old 172, but they keep on saying hopefuly it will be covered under warranty, I called renault customer care they say its dealer discression

i know I didnt get any joy with my rears either on my old 172, but they keep on saying hopefuly it will be covered under warranty, I called renault customer care they say its dealer discression

Dealers have to say if they have failed its Renault who pay at the end of the day.

Just get the garage mechnaic to say there leaking on the phone to Renault and they will agree to pay.

Maz

LY 200
So if they are leaking does this mean they have failed ??

How many miles should you get out of shocks going by general wear and tear ??

tiTTy & SV650
yes if they're leaking the seals are damaged and they've failed.

I've never known of the fronts to be much of a problem on the RS Clios, I've had 9 shocks since June 04, the 5 replacement ones were all rears. Still got the original fronts on.

I've never had any struggle to get mine done under warranty.

So if they are leaking does this mean they have failed ??

How many miles should you get out of shocks going by general wear and tear ??

Yep if there leaking they have failed the rears on the 182's are terrible the front arn't wonderful either.

Wear and tear is difficult to say mine were beyond what I would accept at 50k they were still fine at 70k though if anyone drove it they were just worn more than I would accept.

I know one person changes his ever 2 years 30k regardless

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
you'll see a patch of oil under the corner u suspect is leaking. But if they've gone ages ago there's probably no oil left, you'll hear a clunk in the corners that have gone too.

Makes handling... interesting, quite fun actually. Back end steps out a lot when the rears have gone.