ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front seats.

Clio 182 - RB
Hi all,

Do you have to disconnect battery whilst taking out front seats or will it be okay to be connected?

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Best to disconnect. Never seen it happen, but the airbags can deploy after wires are cut. But there's also a switch to turn off the airbags altogether on mk2 clios.

Clio 182 - RB
Cheers lads, @smac4494 Do you know where this switch is to turn off all air bags? Just to be on safe side.

I would disconnect the battery but that means resetting stereo ect which i cba doing again!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Best to disconnect. Never seen it happen, but the airbags can deploy after wires are cut. But there's also a switch to turn off the airbags altogether on mk2 clios.

I didn't realise you had to cut wires to take the seats out?

I'm planning on removing mine over the bank holiday weekend, what wires need cutting?

Clio 2.0 16v 182
The connectors are pretty flimsy. I've always broken them when switching seats (big hands/small plastic s**t)

It's more of a personal preference than a must do. I'd rather trust my own soldering over some plastic clip. Just advice.

Clio 182 - RB
Whilst we're on the subject of front seats, anybody know where to get seat covers for? There the half leather 182 seats, can't find any decent covers anywhere! [emoji90]

PH2 RS172
the switch for the airbag is on the passenger door but this only kills the passenger airbag not the drivers.
the connectors under the seat are rubbish and always fail anyway and the airbag never goes off then... but id still disconnect the battery to be on the safe side. if the airbag does go off youll need a change in underwear pretty quick