ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front lambda sensor mystery

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've just replaced my front lambda sensor with a brand new one and the codes (sensor circuit and heater circuit) have reappeared after about 10 miles. Anyone know what this could be?

I thought perhaps a leaking exhaust gasket

Cheers!

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I knew someone was going to ask that! :grin: Cheapo chinese. Are they really that bad?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yep

Just get a genuine one. Waste of money. Even worse on newer cars

Out of interest what was the price difference?

Had a feeling it was cheapo lol

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
This one was £19 on eBay vs between £50 ish and £120 for the Bosch one. I really skimped out hard :up:

The front one seems to be more expensive, however wouldn't the post cat one work as it is the same?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah £19 tells the story lol.

Think they are the same but one of the wires is longer.

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Buy cheap buy thrice as they say :neutral:
I'll try a genuine one - maybe a post cat one because there's a bit of slack in the wire for the front

cheers

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Quick update on this - just fitted the Bosch sensor from the link above which was £47 inc postage... and the issue is solved. MPG shot up from 28 before to 39 (?!) on the motorway, a pretty massive improvement...the non-genuine ones are complete rubbish!

At the same time I fitted a drivers side driveshaft from J & R which was a massive bargain at £50! It even came with both cup and non cup ABS rings, and proper plastic boots.

A good result!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Happy days.

You fitted the shaft yet?

Yeah you have. Some have found fitment issues. Mine was spot on.

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Shaft is fitted and fits/works perfectly, I only had to switch the ABS rings over since mine is cup packed.
Initially I thought the shaft was too shot because the threads didn't show through the hub, but refitted it and all was correct.
The inner joint has to be slightly expanded for the hub nut to be bolted on which I think was the problem