ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front fogs dont work?

bmw e92 330d '09
what could be wrong? there is no light coming up on the dash either when stalk in the correct position, rear fog does work, could it just be a fuse? or connections?
thanks in advance :)

bmw e92 330d '09
sorry mate, but what are "auto lights"? this my first renault and am not familiar with them. that's why i joined the forum. =]

Arctic blue 182ff
there is an automatic lights on (when dark) facility, where your fogs will not turn on with. turn your side lights/dipped beam on, then try your fogs again. you can turn the auto function on/off when ignition is on, switch you sidlights on then off quickly, it should beep.

however, dont be a kn0b and drive with your fogs on.

bmw e92 330d '09
okay i shall try this tommorow night....ye no worries about driving with the fogs on just for the sake of it, it's just annoyin that they aren't working, and if i don't figure out how to get them to work, when i do need them im f**ked! =] i shall let you know if it works. thanks. James.

S4 Avant
okay i shall try this tommorow night....ye no worries about driving with the fogs on just for the sake of it, it's just annoyin that they aren't working, and if i don't figure out how to get them to work, when i do need them im f**ked! =] i shall let you know if it works. thanks. James.

You'll never need them. Even in fog, they won't help. Ever.

But as said, you're problem will be that you haven't manually turned the lights on.

172 rep
there is an automatic lights on (when dark) facility, where your fogs will not turn on with. turn your side lights/dipped beam on, then try your fogs again. you can turn the auto function on/off when ignition is on, switch you sidlights on then off quickly, it should beep.

however, dont be a kn0b and drive with your fogs on.

Can't be the auto lights causing the problem, he said the rear fog works!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i expect the relay under neath the glove box has been kicked out, get ur head under there and push it back in, looks like a cube.

E92 M3
yer i think alot of people put them in just for the looks i looked at a car when i was buying mine and they didnt have any wiring for the fogs

bmw e92 330d '09
to "alibailey" i looked under the glove box and found a little box (like you said) about 9 inches by 4 inches rectangular with three white plugs and two black en's and there all in. still no luck... erm i also tried to see if there is any wiring going to them but i can't see them at all, there's a load of plastic pieces covering evrything up and it wont come off. =S! anymore ideas????? please.

Clio 1.5 DCI
The plastic box is the UCH. On mine there was two relay connection terminals which hook onto the UCH at the back. Neither had relays in (must have fallen out at some point). Popped a relay in and fogs worked. There was obvious wiring going to these terminal blocks though (separate from the UCH main wiring).

Remove the UCH from its location (it will hang down into the passanger footwell) to get a decent look at it! Just dont unplug any wires.