ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front end issues with steering

FF Clio 182 Silver
Basically when i go over a bump the car steers itself ( inner tie rods? ) and i seem to have to turn the steering wheel more to take a bend that what i used to and the steering itself has gone numb.

now im no mechanic but i can jack up a car and wiggle things about for play just wondering if some one can point me in the right direction for what to look for under the front end?

any help would be much appreciated?

inner tie rods, rod ends or lower arm ball joints are common. For the steering rod joints I've found if you can get your fingers to the joint while a mate wiggles the wheel you will feel the play. The lower arm bottom ball joint is more robust and really needs a bar to lever it agaist something like the hub carrier, if loose it will have verticle movement (there should be none).