ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front End Feels Weird At 52k Miles

lambpie

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 Clio 172
I'm hoping you can help me diagnose handling issues with my 53 172 FF

Recently the front end hasn't felt right.. vague, twitchy.. I seem to have to constantly make minor adjustments to get it going where I want.

Makes for a nervous feeling car that's lost a lot of the fun.. it's only on 52k miles..

So far I've changed:

Inner and outer track rods (and then had the tracking done)
2 x new conti sport 3's (balanced)

Anyone else experience these problems at this sort of mileage?

What should I be looking at next?

Thanks

lambpie

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 Clio 172
I had it checked out by a local garage and they said that they couldn't find any play in the wishbones, ball joints, track rods etc..

But it's definitely not right.

I'm pricing some bits up at the moment but I'd rather not buy parts I don't really need!

clio sport
I have the same problem seems alot worse when I floor it, on my Mot they said I had play in my steering rack so jacked it up, one wheel felt fine no play when trying to move it from side to side but on the drivers side I could move the wheel about ten degrees in and out when I looked the shaft that goes into the steering rack was going in and out about an inch, I've bought a secondhand steering rack but but yet to change it yet as it looks like a big job! Have you fixed it yet?

lambpie

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 Clio 172
not quite..

The inner track rods tightened up the steering but it's still got some play somewhere.

Think I'm going to try wishbones next as they look original.

Not really sure how long the original wish bones last? anyone?