ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front end camber

olly-r

ClioSport Club Member
  clio
I race a 05 182 but its not a cup chassis, i want more front end camber, cup arms any wider track? or shall i just elongate my lower arm ball joints?
Any other racers here?
Cheers

mk1 Octavia VRS
How much camber do you have now and why do you want more?

You can get camber bolts if you don't have them already. Some shocks also have elongated holes to allow camber adjustment.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
I race a 05 182 but its not a cup chassis, i want more front end camber, cup arms any wider track? or shall i just elongate my lower arm ball joints?
Any other racers here?
Cheers
Just with you mentioning the cup chassis

Do you mean camber or caster?

Camber = adjustable bolts, around £25
Caster = cup chassis wishbones £60 each I think

Edited to add

I may be picking you up wrong

olly-r

ClioSport Club Member
  clio
Yeah i know fella but really want to kick the bottom of the wheel out to get a touch wider track as will help with stability , what's the differance between cup arms and non cup?

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Yeah i know fella but really want to kick the bottom of the wheel out to get a touch wider track as will help with stability , what's the differance between cup arms and non cup?
Only difference is cup arms have extra caster, it sits the wheel further forward in the arch.

I don't have any idea about a wide track conversions

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
@NorthloopCup's roll centre hubs give about 5mm extra track which in turn could give you more camber. That's my thinking..I'm sure some one with more knowledge will confirm this. How much camber are you looking for ?