ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Conversion 172 mk1 to mk2

Would it be possible to replace all front body parts (bumper, fenders, hood, headlights) and instead originals on my 2000 model 172 mk1 install 2001 parts for mk2? Did anybody tryed that already? I am replacing some of these parts, and painting the whole car anyhow... is the subframe same and what about the bolts and inner fender plastics...

Would have thought it's an easy enough swap, there was one on ebay a while back that had this done to it.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
yip, heres why.

You can put a ph2 172 front on a non sport ph2. You can put a non sport ph2 front on a non sport ph1. You can put a ph1 172 front on a non sport ph1. So they're all the same really.

As friction said there the same cars front end you'll have to pay a fair bit for the parts though. The cup racers did these conversions it was something like £1k in parts and that didn't include lights or painting

172 cup'd extreme
arches , arch liners slam panel bonnet lights grille bumper over a grand if your buying new even more if your going for hid's

Well insurance will end up paying for all those parts... I was in a "sandwich" the other day and insurance should pay for two fenders, bumper, hood and both lights... and new paint job of course... I did a great job... :) Anyhow I think that prices for the parts (00 and 01) are about the same except the headlights since ph2 has xenon lights compared to my model... I do on the other hand have hella HID kit I installed long time ago so I will try to get new sport headlights without electronics and bulbls and adapt it to my kit... Only in the case that I can not buy it separately I'll invest extra money in these lights... Since I'll end up painting almost the whole car ( front inc doors) I'll be probably be changing the color of the car... What do you think about WR Blue Perl with golden superturismos...

172 cup'd extreme
dont think much of gold wheels on anything except a williams. price for the stuff is ALOT and prob more if your not in the uk

M3 & Clio Cup racer
It would be worth talking to Julian at Griffin Racing, he did the conversion on our race car and also all of his. As a Clio Cup Team manager he gets a good deal on all the parts. I can get his number if you need it.