ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front components

Hi guys, now I have a 172 Im looking to upgrade the front components to run off a 4 channel amp that also powers a 15"sub, any suggestions on which make/model of speakers will do the trick??? Im looking to spend around £1-200

Thanks.

models??

if you tell us the model numbers of them, we can work out what comps will be best suited to the amp

How about the Audiobahn ABC525Q components. They will take 140watts RMS and sound really nice and subtle. They are £109 Also another one to consider are the Ground Zero GZHC130s. They are 80watts RMS, have an aluminium cone and dont need much power to get them going. They will even run pretty well off a cheap 4x30 watt headunit as i fitted some of the 6.5" versions into a car this morning and they sounded nice off the headunit. They are only only £93 too.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

Hey Evil Ice

Just a quick thread hijack, but do you guys for fitting?

If so how much would it be to supply and fit the Ground Zeros mentioned above and the matching rears plus a suitable amp to the exiting HU in the 172.

Cheers

MB

ive heard places charge £200 for that sort of stuff.

Matblack, id adice at least trying it all yourself. You will be suprised at how easy and satisfying it actually is. The only thing Im going to pay someone to do is feed wire from my amp to the front doors, cause 1/ i cant really be bothered and 2/i doubt id be able to

hehe

Ive fitted my head unit, front speakers, rear 6x9s, amp and 12" sub

Youre right John the only thing I am about wary about is taking the dash off in the 172. You have to do this to get to the tweeters and although its no TOO complicated I have a really nasty feeling that I would end up with all sorts of rattles and bits sliding about under the mouldings after I put the blo*dy thing back together!

MB

this is true, however bar installing the front components...you dont need the dash off...so do everything else then let them do the components.

Just seems mad to spend 100s of pounds, when you could do it yourself!

Yep I think your right

Ill get some co-axs for the rear and fit them at the weekend, thats the first job done and then well look at comps for the front and consider the pros and cons of taking the dash off myself.

If that hasnt got enough punch then Ill run the speaker wires out from the HU and down under the seat and with an RCA converter and back to the point at which I cut them using speaker wire and reconect where they were originally severed.

Not such a bad job when I think about it, Ive done plenty of insalls in the past including sctatch building a 2x12" enclosure for my first CRX (MkII body shape) it had folding rear seats so you got great bass. I did all the speakers in my last CRX (MKIII) which involved removing plenty of panels but its a while since Ive played with amps! Ill see what just changing the speakers for these Ground Zero ones will do to the sound before we proceed with amps.

MB

MB

Hi

I guess you wont be needing a price for fitting now then..it is quite easy really..just a little time consuming which is why some companies either cant be bothered or charge high rates for fitting. However if anyone else is interested we would only charge about £120 to do what was being asked earlier in the thread.

Mat0black - I think you will be pleased with the quality of the ground zeros. They arent a very well known brand but weve been given the job by the main distributors in this country of drumming up support for their products...So a Ground Zero car might be on tha cards if anyone wants one. Also it wont cost much either. Il work out some prices for a system and post it in the forum.

Russ

£120 thats quite good, but to proove my point..thats £120 that could be spent on better gear

still a good price considering the job