ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front bumper replacement thoughts

Clio 172
hi all

My newly purchased 172 Cup needs some front bumper TLC. Its got quite a few cracks in it due to a low speed kurb collision by the previous owner in the snow. Im capable enough of repairing it if I cant find a replacement cheap enough but that doesnt change the fact that im still missing a fog light unit on the offside!

Im torn between buying a new one or just taking out the fog on the other side and leaving the two black panels with additional air ducting to the engine.

has anyone else done this and if so, are there are any pics someone could direct me to? I did consider deleting the fog light holes altogether, but think this might look a little 'yoof! What do others think?!

thanks in advance, guys.
Andy

Clio 172
Im inclined to agree with you, Jack i think that will look the neatest. Im assuming renault sell the fog light ducts seperately at a dealer without the need to buy a whole bumper? mine is missing the black plastic surround for the foglight!

Andy

Renault don't sell the ducts mate they are aftermarket. They will sell the surround tho if you have an arm and a leg spare. Id try on here see if anyones got some.

Clio 172
Sorry, I meant the surround rather than duct... but are there aftermarket ducts that you can replace the fog holes with then? tbat might look more aesthetically appealing!...

(Sorry to be a bother, seasoned modified but complete renault noob here!)

Andy

Clio 172
Dead useful, thanks, dude. Ive got quite a bit of carbon 2x2 twill and some carbon kevlar so might wrap it in some of that first to make it a bit more unique!...

Thanks for your help, Jack.

Andy

Clio 182 Titanium
at least its probably iceburg silver so you will find a 2nd hand one eventually.
mine is titanium silver and they never seem to pop up. managed to find a brand new rs bumper for £100 though. think they're about £210 from the dealers.
fog lights are £25 off the ebay... surrounds can be found about for £20 pair if lucky.