ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front brakes need replacing

clio 182
hi guys. the abs light and service light came on last night, so im taking a wild guess and saying my car wants its front pads replaced.
i new this was coming as i've been told for the last 6 months they need doing. 3 and a half years and 34000 miles this is the first pad change that would of been done. not bad me thinks.
anyway on that note, standard parts have served me well but im toying with the idea of uprating the pads and discs while they need doing?
I'd like your thoughts and suggestions please guys!!!! bearing in mind i have never taken my car on the track and dont ever intend too.
cheers.

Ph2 172 Cup
If you've never been on track and don't intend to then all you really need is something around about OEM spec.

People have their favorite brands, but anything OEM spec from Renault, Ferrodo, EBC, Mintex (and others) are in reality likely to give you very similar performance.

clio 182
alot off ppl talk about the brembo hc and ferodo pad set up on here, but the price of ferodo pads to renault are quite abit different. just dont know where to go with it. maybe jus stik with the standard setup, i drive my car hard sometimes but am very easy with my brakes, done me justice up till now i guess.

Ph2 172 Cup
Brembo HC discs are good and are about the same as standard renault parts so well worth it.

You're right, the Ferrodo DS2500 pads that most people rave about are generally good, but probably not worth the extra money for the type of use you are talking about.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive got ebc greenstuff pads and brembo hc discs from gsf.

clio 182
how much did you pay for your discs from gsf if you dont mine me asking? ebc dont get great reviews from many ppl on here so may just stick with the standard pad and hc disc
see how that works for me.

PH1 172 Sport
May I just point out that the cliosports dont have brake wear sensors so theres a possibility that it not your pads that need doing.

Think it normally means there a problem with your abs.

May I just point out that the cliosports dont have brake wear sensors so theres a possibility that it not your pads that need doing.

Think it normally means there a problem with your abs.

Usualy mean low brake fluil level but that often means worn pads anyway