ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front brake part name?

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Hi, having a problem with the front brakes on my 172. I know what the source of the problem is. The small metal slider things that the pads sit on is bent. And catches on the top of the disc causing it to squeak.

What is that part called? And where could I get one from? Don't want to ring Renault if I don't know exactly what I'm asking for!

Cheers

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Is that seriously the name? Lol. It's bent loads. I tried to straighten it but keeps falling onto the disc. Can't see them costing much so may swell geT new ones.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Right been tryin everywhere to get hold of these. Only found Renault but they sell with the front OEM pads for £62 which I ain't paying. Anyone no of where to the them from?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
if you buy a half decent set of OE pads from a motor factor, such as Textar, the anti rattle shims will be in there too.

Oh, and there half the price of Renault too.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Ahh right, i didnt know whether they did, the ones i last had didnt have them in. Cheers mate thats made things easier :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
No bother, just make sure you get some top OE quality ones, they'll defo come with the shims in.

Dodgy one
^^ I couldn't live with my 1144s rattling so I took a file to them so I could get the springs back in.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Ahh right, il just take them both out then. What are they actually there for?