ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front brake pads 172 Cup

Karlos172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182 Trophy/R5GTT
Need new pads on the cup, already got new brembo hc discs, want decent front pads without spending £100 on ds2500's. Any ideas of what to get and where from??? cheers

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Personally id rather stick my foot through the floor than use EBC's.

DS2500 or Mintex 1144's only for me.

Along with tyres, brakes are the most important part of the car. Dont scrimp. Especially in winter.

Personally id rather stick my foot through the floor than use EBC's.

DS2500 or Mintex 1144's only for me.

Along with tyres, brakes are the most important part of the car. Dont scrimp. Especially in winter.

Are all the pads EBC do that bad? I had GreenStuff previously and I think pushing my foot against the tyre would be more effective at stopping the car than those.

I went with the DS2500's and very impressed with them, they do squeal but you learn to live with it.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Are all the pads EBC do that bad? Yes

I had GreenStuff previously and I think pushing my foot against the tyre would be more effective at stopping the car than those. Agree

I went with the DS2500's and very impressed with them, they do squeal but you learn to live with it.

They dont squeal if you fit them properly, i bet you left the shims in didnt you ;)

They dont squeal if you fit them properly, i bet you left the shims in didnt you ;)

Nope lol I removed the shims and filed the pads down to allow them to sit in the carrier with a tiny bit of play. I think my problem is a sticky caliper to be honest. There's a thead knocking about I put up about them squealing. It's nothing major though.