ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front arb removal..

Yeah I got mine off with the car fully assembled to change the bushes.
Just have to take a small triangular plate off underside.

It was a b*****d to 're fit with new bushes on. Had to give in and take it to local garage to fit it..... couldn't get leverage/access on the floor with axle srands [emoji53]

.. With wishbones off but subframe still on the car.

Is it possible?

Yes. Easy to take off. Hard work to force back on over the bushes.

Make sure your axle stands are as high as they will go because you will need every bit of space you can get when fitting it back on over the gear linkage and for leverage on the bushes.

Ex 182 owner
Decided to fit a brand new arb rather than salavage. Any advice on which side to pull out old one out drivers or passengers side?

I assume subframe stays secure with triangle plates removed.

Clio 182
Yeah triangular plates can be removed without any problems and I think I took it out on the drivers side.... Seriously though mate, get it out is the easy bit, getting it fitted back with the bushes is a challenge to say the least.

I had the subframe off yesterday when fitting black series bushes and had to use a nice to get the clamps to shut in order to get the bolt through, I imagine on the car will be a horrific job

The guy in garage said he used some sort of ratchet. Fitted end bushes first then put a ratchet around center of bar and attached towards front end of the subframe to pull the bar into the clamp.