ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front anti roll bar replacement.

FF Clio 182
Was under the car today and noticed on the N/S just before the bushing on my Front ARB has a 2cm long crack and what I can only describe as a chuck missing. The bit that is missing is about 20% deep of the overall diameter. Would it need to be replaced and would it be something picked up on the MOT? I know you can pick up reconditioned ones pretty cheap, are they easy to fit or if a garage did it how much would they charge? If it needs replacing I would buy updated bushes as the originals have to come off anyways to get the ARB out.

I will try to get a picture soon.

Cup In bits
If its a chunk out then do I really need to answer that. If its paint that's missing then same again.

There not hard to replace just very fiddly for the two centre bushes, 2nd pair of hands are useful. Definitely a home mechanic job and I would be pissed if I got charged more than an hours labour at a garage unless bolts broke on the centre bushes.

FF Clio 182
If its a chunk out then do I really need to answer that. If its paint that's missing then same again.

There not hard to replace just very fiddly for the two centre bushes, 2nd pair of hands are useful. Definitely a home mechanic job and I would be pissed if I got charged more than an hours labour at a garage unless bolts broke on the centre bushes.

True but it isn't always good to check.

Just what I wanted to know really as I heard they can cost a lot of money to be changed so glad it is a simple job. Looked at it yesterday I can see why it would be a fiddle of a job

FF Clio 182
Looking at the picture it doesn't actually look that bad in person lol

IMG_0752.jpg

Cup In bits
That's fine, it's where they get a lot of road grit hitting off them then rust and blister. Hit it with a hammer a few times, wire brush and paint....sorted.

FF Clio 182
That's fine, it's where they get a lot of road grit hitting off them then rust and blister. Hit it with a hammer a few times, wire brush and paint....sorted.

Thanks mate appreciate it. I was a little worried. It was a little flaky so I waked it and that is what you see now :)