ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front and rear tyres pattern completely different.

172 Cup
As I have used the search function I hope Im not going to get comments like I should have done a search. My front two tyres are due to be replaced so I am thinking of getting Uniroyal Rainsport 2 as I read about them lasting longer and great reviews plus they are cheaper in the first place. Also I am not using the 172 cup for tracks just normal driving, the issue I have seen is the tread pattern is completely different to my current Michelin pilot sport 2 (or exalto not too sure) Would this be an issue at all, would there be disadvantages ect. Thanks

172 Track Car
Should be fine, just be wary that the tyres will behave differently under different conditions. So in the dry your car might tend more towards understeer and then if the ground becomes wet it will tend more towards oversteer.

You'll be fine. I'm running Pilot Sport 3's up front and Pzero Nero rear. Completely different brands.