ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From Dark Vader to White Angel

Clio 172 MK II
Work on car has begun :)

How it looked before

14.jpg

07.jpg

And what is done today

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

VX220 Turbo
if you want a long lasting paint job you'll need to remove a lot more than that!

seats, carpet dash all need to go so they can blow the pain into these areas rather than mask them and risk edges coming up.

remove wings and bonnet and spray these separate to the car to allow the hidden edges of the panels to be painted.

take the engine out please it'll look 10 times better with the correct colour engine bay.

also you will want to remove window's windw rubbers etc. especially the rear side windows as the rubbers on these are too small to tape up, if you skip this bit you will get problems in the future. (new rear side windows will be needed usually as the rubber is bonded into the glass and is damaged on removal.

Clio 172 MK II
if you want a long lasting paint job you'll need to remove a lot more than that!

seats, carpet dash all need to go so they can blow the pain into these areas rather than mask them and risk edges coming up.

remove wings and bonnet and spray these separate to the car to allow the hidden edges of the panels to be painted.

take the engine out please it'll look 10 times better with the correct colour engine bay.

also you will want to remove window's windw rubbers etc. especially the rear side windows as the rubbers on these are too small to tape up, if you skip this bit you will get problems in the future. (new rear side windows will be needed usually as the rubber is bonded into the glass and is damaged on removal.

Who said that work with ripping parts is done :)
This is just what is done yesterday :)
And I am not doing anything, my friend is doing whole job for me :)

Clio 172 MK II
V.Nice. Get the standard rear lights back on. Love it in white

I think that I will leave this lights, the look better after I put rear reg plate :)

I`ll post few pictures after I finish everything on it, and then you`ll see that they look much more nicer that now

Mito Sportiva 135
Looks cool mate really like it in white.

I would c hange the rear lights to standard as mentioned and fit either some RS alloys (the 182 anthractie wheels could look good) or else, dare I say it, some Turinis...? :quiet:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
why wasnt the trophy white?, would have had one in an instant :(

get rid of the lights asap, maybe a set of the black lexus style off ebay would suit the back however very sexy in white!

visualize whirled pe
I would normally never say this but I think lexus lights would actually look ok on this due to it's clean white look the silver would contrast quite well.

However those wheels are shocking, sorry to be negative but I can't stand alloys where the spokes stick out further than the rim, old Maxi Rally clios can get away with it but imo that's the only car that can pull it off sucessfully.

Clio 172 MK II
I am looking now for new wheels
And I would rather go for 16" than to 17"
If anyone have some sugestions please wrote them :)
All I want is that new wheels are light, and that they are not OZ super/ultra leggera becouse almost every car has them. I want some unique wheels that will fit nicely
And I prefer antracit ones, but I can always paint that so that is not important too much

Clio 172 MK II
interior is already striped
curently i am looking at some sparco roll bar, and sparco seats
and i found some wheels that I like, but they are for Japan only :(
elem_detail_rct4_w.jpg

visualize whirled pe
They would look ok.

I would be going for that rally look, if it's multi spoke white wheels you want then you are spoiled for choice really. Infact spraying a whole car didn't phase you so why not find the style wheels you want and spray them?