ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fresh paint, how long until wax?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Picking up my freshly painted car today, do I need to leave it before hammering it with some wax to protect it etc?

Hey up, depends lad. If it has been oven baked, you can do it now. If you have been told it needs to breathe then between 1 and 3 months lad!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Cheers, I'll check with the bodyshop when I pick it up in about 15 mins :D:D:D:D

Black Gold Trophy
I'd ask the bodyshop for their opinion, they will know better than anyone as they know what paints and process have been used.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Said its fine to be done now, but theyve waxed it with some trade s**t.
So I'll just pile on some of mine and keep it topped up nicely.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I only have my iphone :(

Got a few, gonna try and borrow a mates camera over the weekend.
Looks a million times better and I'm happy with the job :)

Dodgy one
You should be able to stick wax over any fresh paint TBH as long as its been through an oven and then another day to completly cure you are fine to wax it, If youre unsure just leave it a couple of days

Punto/Clio GTT
ive waxed things that have literally just came out the oven. never had any problems with it

ideally you should wait a couple of days to let it go a bit hard and get rid of the tackiness

ibiza cupra
ive waxed things that have literally just came out the oven. never had any problems with it

ideally you should wait a couple of days to let it go a bit hard and get rid of the tackiness
+1. painted, baked, out the oven into the cold for a bit to cure, mopped, polished and waxed the next day.